There are two Tu Scholarships TO BE WON AT GRADUATE FASHION WEEK 2018
tu sainsbury's Womenswear scholarship
tu sainsbury's menswear scholarship
MENTORED BY DESIGNERS THAT WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON
We are looking for two creative and inspiring Graduates to join us for a year’s scholarship as assistant designers in our in-house TU design team at our head office in the Midlands.
We are looking for an original, creative individual who combines their talent for design alongside Commercial acumen. This talented individual will need to work independently and demonstrate their own initiative as well as working as part of a creative team.
Nominated students will be asked to attend an Assessment day on Thursday 3rd May 2018. Students will have the opportunity to meet key members of the design team and participate in a tour of our head office. Individual interviews will be held with Portfolios/ Graduate Collection presentations required.
We are looking for originality within either Ladies-wear or Menswear specific product design, to have strong trend & theme awareness, colour direction, print/graphics knowledge and fabric intent. This should be illustrated in their portfolio work and garment form if applicable as part of their coursework. We would love candidates to demonstrate a strong consideration for sustainability within their personal values and ideally within their Graduate collection. Evidence of good Adobe Illustrator software packages and CAD specifications is also essential.
WINNING STUDENT £ 1 9, 500 P .A. YEAR PLACEMENT
THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE YOUR WINNING GRADUATE COLLECTION DEVELOPED AND PRODUCED INTO THE TU CLOTHING RANGE AND ADDITIONAL MENTORSHIP BY A DESIGNER.
- Monday 16th April - The deadline to submit your nomination form, no restriction on the number of entries per institution
- Monday 23rd April - Initial Shortlist will be made by Tu’s team the full list will be emailed to all Course Leaders, Lecturers & selected graduates
- Thursday 3rd May - Tu’s will be holding an Assessment Day for all initial shortlisted. Interviews will take place at Sainsbury’s Support Centre, Ansty Park, Coventry, from 11am. Students will be required to bring to interview their design portfolios for judging reference. Graduate’s will be expected to talk through their portfolio and design process evidencing criteria listed in opening paragraph
- 8th May 2018 - 6 finalists will be shortlisted and notified by telephone
- The judging panel including Designer Mentors Teatum Jones and Oliver Spencer and key members from the TU Leadership team will interview the 6 finalists, review their portfolio and view their collection up close
- Wednesday 6th June - Judging will take place on TU’s stand, time TBC. Students will be required to bring to interview their design portfolios and two outfits for judging
- Wednesday 6th June 19:30, ‘The GFW Awards Show’ - Finalists are expected to attend where the winner will be announced