The Conscious Design Award sponsored by Swarovski celebrates and recognizes graduates specific contribution and cre- ation of sustainable, ethically aware and socially responsible clothing range with lower environmental impact that embodies and communicates sustainable and ethical practices.
The collection will successfully demonstrate the challenge to create range which will have strong visual and commercial cat- walk impact, originality, excellence in craftsmanship and technicality as well as at the same time capture the essence of the sustainable and ethical practices.
Judges will judge on the following criteria:
• Sustainable raw material with a lower environmental impact
• Manufacturing and production techniques
• Special consideration should be taken with any fabrics and materials used • Creativity
• Catwalk impact
• Commercial Considerations
Shortlisted students will be required to submit summary explaining why their final collection meets the Considered Design criteria.
Universities will be required to highlight (On the running order) all collections that take part in their University Catwalk Shows which could fall into this category for the consideration of the daily awards judges. A summary with the conscious design brief from each graduate will also be required.
Judges reserve the right to request further information to back the above criteria during the selection and judging process.
• On Wednesday 5th June, the judging panel will come together at the ‘Best of Show’ to select a number of finalists who meet the above criteria.
• Post the ‘Best of Show; the judges will meet selected graduates to explore with any further questions and a chance to look at the garments in more detail
• The judges will pick a winner, that will be announced at the Gala Awards show, from 7.30pm onwards
• Swarovski representative to awards the winner on stage