Performance, and non-performance sportswear or 'athleisure' categories - a word made up of the terms "athletics" and 'leisure' - have grown extensively in recent years. Combined, 'athletics' and 'leisure' incorporates clothing that was developed for sports but is worn in everyday life or free time, or sportswear for non-athletic activities that have become increasingly seen in streetwear and on the catwalks.
Sportswear can include sports like running, tennis, gym wear, outdoor pursuits and yoga with leisurewear often a cross-sport trend. Comfort has become a topmost priority in this area of fashion with knitted, stretch fabrics, and functional fibres used extensively in sports and leisurewear.
The Tessuti Sports & Leisurewear Award is open to all sportswear and leisurewear categories i.e performance and non-performance sportswear, athleisure, and leisurewear.
Submitted collections and portfolios can include Menswear, Womenswear or Unisex designs. Judges are looking for creativity, originality and innovation as well as technical excellence.
WINNING STUDENT £1000
The Tessuti Sports & Leisurewear award is judged in two parts. All nominated graduates will submit portfolios in advance for a pre-event shortlisting process by industry experts.
- Thursday 17th May, 18:00 – Deadline for submission, lecturers to nominate applicable students.
- If nominated, graduates should bring their FULL entry to Graduate Fashion Week
- Thursday 24th May – The Tessuti panel will shortlist 10 finalists which will be announced on the GFW Website.
- Sunday 3rd June – Judging will take place on the nominated graduate’s university/college stand
- The judges for your award will make themselves known and this will be your opportunity to talk through your collection and answer any questions.
- 3 students will be shortlisted and announced on the GFW website on the evening of the judging.
- All nominated students MUST stay on their stand for the entirety of the day to ensure that they are available to meet the judges if requeste
- Wednesday 6th June, 19:30 at the Graduate Fashion Week Gala Show – 3 shortlisted students will be invited and expected to attend when the winner will be announced.