SWAROVSKI SUSTAINABLE ACCESSORIES COMPETITION
£500.00 TO THE WINNING STUDENT
£250.00 UNIVERSITY PRIZE
WHO: ALL Final Year BA students from GFW18 Participating Member Universities/Courses.
APPLIES TO: BA Fashion Design, Product and Accessory Design from GFW18 Participating Member Universities
PRIZE: £500 to the winning student and £250 to the winner's university.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
Swarovski is open minded and eager to see a diverse and a far-reaching range of ideas that push the boundaries of design and the concept of jewellery or accessory. Don’t be afraid to experiment and to challenge your assumptions. You need a clear vision and an individual voice - your design should be ambitious, impressive, exquisite, challenging or subtle and which should have a strong visual or conceptual impact.
- This can be from an existing piece of work that has been adapted for this project
- Mood board including: colour palette, graphic direction, materials, inspiration and mood board
- Illustrations and technical flat drawings of your pieces presented in a creative professional format demonstrating your skills with detailed crystals integration
- A short paragraph of no more 300 words detailing the background and inspiration of your piece – evidencing the above criteria
- Your proposal should include a clear description on how the crystals should be integrated, please refer to the page attached for available Swarovski crystals included in the downloadable criteria.
The final deadline for first submission is Monday 23rd April at 18:00.
Up to 10 shortlisted candidates will then be given the opportunity to select crystals from Swarovski's upcycled program and produce their piece. The deadline for creation of the garments is Tuesday 29th May.
Download the competition criteria for the full application and submission process.