Fashion photography plays a huge part within all aspects of the Fashion Industry. Graduate Fashion Week is proud to support the creative practice of fashion photography and recognises the value it holds within the fashion industry. We are keen to support the ever increasing number of graduates communicating concepts through fashion photography and celebrate the presence of the 'image' in the contemporary fashion industry.
The Judges will be looking for the following:
- Technical excellence
- Personal vision
- Contemporary/documentation of the times/saying something about now
- Quality of finish
The brief is being left deliberately open to encourage innovation. Students may be on any of the courses within their university that are exhibiting at Graduate Fashion Week.
WINNING STUDENT £750
The Size? Fashion Photography Award is judged in two parts. All nominated graduates will have to submit a supporting statement for a pre-event shortlisting process by industry experts.
- Thursday 17th May, 18:00 - Deadline for submission, lecturers are to nominate 2 final year students and nominations must be made via our website
- The supporting statement should explain the nominated graduate’s entry from concept to realisation including images and demonstrating that it meets all criteria as detailed above.
- Industry experts will shortlist 10 - 12 candidates
- Thursday 24th May - The names of the shortlisted students will be announced on the GFW website
- Shortlisted graduates MUST bring their FULL entry to Graduate Fashion Week for the Final judging
- SUN - TUE (date TBC) , 10:30 - 13:00 and 14:00 - 16:00 - Judging will take place on the nominated graduate’s university/college stand
- The judges for your award will make themselves known and this will be your opportunity to talk through your idea and possibly answer questions from the judges.
- All nominated students MUST stay on their stand for the entire day to ensure that they are available to meet the judges if requested.
- 5 students will be shortlisted and announced on the GFW website on the evening of the judging
- Wednesday 6th June, at the Best of GFW Show at 15:00 - 5 shortlisted students will be invited and expected to attend when the winner will be announced
- In addition to the cash prize, the winner will receive a ticket to the Graduate Fashion Week Gala Awards Show at 19:30 on Wednesday 6th June
- All the Exhibition Award Winners will have their winning work clearly highlighted on Wednesday 6th June and a mention during the GFW Gala Awards Show in the evening.