Saint Petersburg State University of Industrial Technologies and Design
Saint Petersburg State University of Industrial Technologies and Design (SUTD)was established pursuant to the resolution of the Supreme Council of national economy of the USSR of 26 April 1930 as Leningrad Textile Institute which was named after S.M. Kirov by the Presidium of the Central Executive Committee of the Ussr on 31 August 1935. Nowadays the University holds the status of the Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution. Powers and duties of the institution establisher are performed by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
The University today is a multi-disciplinary educational complex which includes 2 higher schools, 18 Institutes, 2 colleges and 8 University preparatory schools. At the moment the University trains specialists at different educational levels in 249 programs in design, engineering, the humanities, economics and pedagogy. The University provides education on a fee-paying basis and education on a scholarship basis from the federal budget resources.