Fashion digital media is a dynamic and flourishing part of the Fashion Industry with new media constantly evolving alongside traditional formats. GFW wants to find and celebrate the voice of a new generation.
Project submissions are sought across the board of fashion new media that are innovative and resonate with the industry including websites / app development / blogs / online channels / social media strategy and campaigns. This can be a collaborative project by more than one student.
- Judges will be looking for creativity, original thinking and relevance to market
- Quality and execution/translation of concept into the final solution/project are also to be taken into consideration
- The project must demonstrate an excellent standard of visuals and written content
- A supporting statement should contextualise the work produced
WINNING STUDENT £750
The New Fashion Media Award is judged in two parts. All nominated graduates will have to submit a supporting statement for a pre-event shortlisting process by industry experts
- Thursday 17th May, 18:00 - Deadline for submission, lecturers are to nominate 2 final year students
- The supporting statement should explain the nominated graduate’s entry from concept to realisation including images and demonstrating that it meets all criteria as detailed above.
- The supporting statement should be no more than 10MB in size and no longer than 10 pages.
- Industry experts will shortlist 10 - 12 candidates
- Thursday 24th May - The names of the shortlisted students will be announced on the GFW website
- Shortlisted graduates MUST bring their FULL entry to Graduate Fashion Week for the Final judging
- SUN - TUE (date TBC) , 10:30 - 13:00 and 14:00 - 16:00 - Judging will take place on the nominated graduate’s university/college stand
- The judges for your award will make themselves known and this will be your opportunity to talk through your idea and possibly answer questions from the judges.
- All nominated students MUST stay on their stand for the entire day to ensure that they are available to meet the judges if requested.
- 5 students will be shortlisted and announced on the GFW website on the evening of the judging
- Wednesday 6th June, at the Best of GFW Show, 15:00 - 5 shortlisted students will be invited and expected to attend when the winner will be announced
- In addition to the cash prize, the winner will receive a ticket to the Graduate Fashion Week Gala Awards Show at 19.30 on Wednesday 6th June
- All the Exhibition Award Winners will have their winning work clearly highlighted on Wednesday 6th June and a mention during the GFW Gala Awards Show in the evening.