Design a childrenswear collection of twelve pieces or six outfits for babies or children up to the age of 8.
Mood board including: colour palette, graphic direction, fabric, inspiration and mood. Use trend information available including recent catwalks, aspirational brands and the power of celebrity.
A short paragraph of no more 300 words detailing the background and inspiration of your collection.
Illustrations and technical at drawings of your six outfits presented in a creative professional format demonstrating your skills.
WINNING STUDENT £1,000
The Mothercare Childrenswear Award is judged in two parts. All nominated graduates will have to submit a supporting statement for a pre-event shortlisting process by industry experts.
- Thursday 17th May, 18:00 - Deadline for submission, lecturers are to nominate 2 final year students, no restriction on the number of entries per institution
- The supporting statement should explain the nominated graduate’s entry from concept to realisation including images and demonstrating that it meets all criteria as detailed above.
- Mothercare team will shortlist 5 finalists
- Thursday 24th May - The names of the shortlisted students will be announced on the GFW website
- Wednesday 6th June, GFW - the 5 shortlisted finalists will be expected to attend an interview with Mothercare team, location and time TBC
- Shortlisted graduates MUST bring their FULL entry to Graduate Fashion Week for the final judging
- Wednesday 6th June at the Graduate Fashion Week Gala Awards Show - The 5 shortlisted graduates will be expected to attend where the winner will be announced.
- In addition to the cash prize, the winner will receive a ticket to the Graduate Fashion Week Gala Awards Show at 19:30 on Wednesday 6th June