Job Title : Trainee Product Line Manager
Location: Street, Somerset
Contract Length : Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Salary/Payment : £23,300 - £27,400
Job Description : Main Purpose:
By supporting the Product Line Manager in developing parts of the range on a day to day basis, this role allows the job-holder to learn and fully understand how to deliver product which is clearly differentiated from the competition and which meets the needs of our target consumers, and in so doing achieve portfolio and margin targets.
• Able to research and feed back on Competitors and Trends.
• Contributes to the delivery of a Product Line appropriate for our consumers.
• Contributes to the creation of innovative product which sets Clarks apart from the competition.
• Contributes to the Pod/BU meeting margin and profit targets.
• Delegated authority from the Range Manager/BU Director on discreet parts of the line.
• Start to participate in a product network across genders.
• Ability to support Data Entry to Range Tracker/PLM when required.
• To play a part in product presentations to stakeholders to develop presentation skills
• Confidently feed back on Market Trends and Competitor activity.
• Identified contribution to the Collection Strategy and continuous line/product improvement.
• Contribute to the collection achieving with regard to Sales, Profit and Margin targets.
• In the absence of Range Managers, seen as a knowledgeable source of information about product.
• Learn to engage and build confidence with an audience.
• Able to enter timely and accurate information to Range Tracker/PLM when needed.
Financial (Direct and Indirect):
Indirect – Delegated accountability for line segment
People (FTE – Direct and Indirect):
None Other Measures (e.g. Revenue/Equipment/Property):
• Gender Product Management Teams
• Product Development Teams
• Regional B&M and Group Supply Chain
• Category Marketing
• Other Divisional Range Teams
• Suppliers and Factories.
• Footwear and footwear constructions
• Market place and competition
• Fashion and Consumer Trends
• Knowledge of Channels of distribution – Wholesale, Retail, MCR
• MS Office proficiency – especially Excel and Powerpoint.
• Internet and Web based applications.
Successful Experience: Might include:
• Worked in footwear or fashion industry and / or design
• Ability to motivate and interest an audience.
• Purchase experience of any type of goods.
• Commercial awareness.
• Structured approach to planning, organisation and research.
• Clear and confident communicator.
• Desire to develop and progress within the organisation.
• Enthusiasm for learning.
• Numerical confidence.
Deadline : 7/2/2017
How to Apply : Submit application online at:- https://apply.clarksjobs.com/vacancies/24336/trainee_product_line_manager/trainee_product_line_manager_kids/