Position: Marketing Assistant
Hours: Full Time
Contract Length: Permanent
Due to our continuing growth, we are now looking for an experienced Marketing Executive to join our passionate, agile and creative Menswear team in Manchester.
At boohoo.com our growth is unmatched, our speed unrivalled, and our future is bright. Since our creation in 2006 we have won awards, achieved treble digit growth each year, and we have much, much more to come. We're on a journey that will take us to new and exciting places in the very near future and we want to take the best people with us.
The primary focus for this role is to assist on various marketing initiatives to grow our social media following and digital presence.
Assisting the Senior Brand Marketing Executive with the content, gathering prizes and reporting material, including but not restricted to: TheMANual, email newsletters, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr, boohooTV, Google Plus, YouTube, affiliates, fashion bloggers and online magazines. The role is carried out in support of the overall marketing strategy and goals. This involves closely liaising with the marketing and PR assistants to ensure content is of high quality, current and in keeping with our brand identity along with key KPIs for driving traffic to the website and increase sales.
The role also involves evolving with our audience and assisting the Senior Brand Marketing Executive in researching and reaching out to new target marketing both in the UK and internationally as the business continues to grow.
Tasks, duties & responsibilities
- Assisting in being the voice on social media including daily posts, live tweeting, responding and escalating as necessary on Facebook, Twitter, blogs and YouTube and staying engaged in the conversation
- Creating daily content, including ‘live’ elements, on Snapchat, Instagram and other relevant platforms
- Assist in maintaining our social media platforms with fresh new content by organizing and co-coordinating all necessary assets for a social media post (mood board gathering/ links/ MZZ codes)
- Assist in execution of new initiatives to help grow the social fan base across all of our platforms
- Be current across all new emerging technologies and social communities
- Be current across emerging fashion trends and developments
- Participate in the development of social media strategies and key programming throughout the year
- Attending fashion events to product content to drive interest in our brand across social media
- Generate content across our group brands social media accounts which target specific consumer bases
- Assist in general social media and digital responsibilities including special projects with high profile bloggers to gather content and strengthen the relationship
- Build relationships with external brands and generate leads for prizes to give away across social media platforms to widen our audience base
- Assist in the development of our social media apps and stay one step ahead of the competition. Have knowledge of digital space, upcoming apps and new innovative technologies, such as augmented reality
- Conducting regular competitor research to ensure boohoo’s social media strategy remains ahead of the competitive set
- Execute best practice across all social media platforms
- Promote personal social accounts from boohooMANHQ and work with other ambassadors to encourage growth of social media within the business
- Assist in all other general marketing activities, including but not limited to: campaigns, emails, on-site promotions, offline events, competitions, concept shoots etc.
- Update and distribute weekly reporting on our social media platforms and our competitors
- Regular reporting across all our promotions including regular tracking throughout whilst we host competitions simultaneously
- Keep up to date on competitor strategy
- Need to have knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Analytics and social media analysis platforms such as Facebook Insights
Working with the team
- Understands and communicates effectively, to achieve the goals of the organisation
- Utilises self-motivation and initiative
- Proactively delivers job related training for all department members
Health & Safety
- Ensures that all employees within department work in a safe manner
- Fully understands the fire, emergency and health & safety procedures of the workplace
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are taken care of immediately, and are reported appropriately
- Works in a safe and responsible manner, within the framework of legislation and workplace specific policies
- Keep the highest standards of personal hygiene, presentation, body language and maintain the same conduct as all departmental employees
- Is an ambassador for the brand
- Attends training, meetings and other events as requested by direct manager or senior management, including Head of Human Resources
- Assists colleagues by completing tasks outside own job role when requested, including supporting associated companies
- Maintains own working area in a professional and organised manner
- Always strives to improve the department’s operation and increase knowledge of own and related job functions.
Due to the evolving nature of our organisation, this job description is not exhaustive. While this job description will be reviewed and updated periodically, the job holder may from time to time be required to carry out tasks which are not detailed in this document.