To create a portfolio of at least five editorial stories, each aimed at an identified publication, addressing a wide variety of issues and narratives.
Students must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively through the evaluation of the needs of the viewer/client in respect of market/trends. Additional work may be included in the final submission further to the above list, but do not submit more than ten themes/stories.
A clear understanding of the procedures and practices employed must be submitted describing the development, the production and the presentation of the final submission.
The judges will seek the following within the submission:
- Creativity, originality & innovation
- Personal vision
- Technical excellence & a professional standard of graphic presentation
- Photographic awareness, quality of finish & presentation
- Currency of contemporary image
- Strong narrative that effectively communicates with the identified audience
- Ability to organise and work with the complexities of a creative team
WINNING STUDENT £750
The Fashion Styling and Creative Direction Award is judged in two parts. All nominated graduates will have to submit a supporting statement for a pre-event shortlisting process by industry experts.
- Thursday 17th May, 18:00 - Deadline for submission, lecturers are to nominate 2 final year students
- The supporting statement should explain the nominated graduate’s entry from concept to realisation including images and demonstrating that it meets all criteria as detailed above.
- Industry experts will shortlist 10 - 12 candidates
- Thursday 24th May - The names of the shortlisted students will be announced on the GFW website
- Shortlisted graduates MUST bring their FULL entry to Graduate Fashion Week for the Final judging
- SUN - TUE (date TBC) , 10:30 - 13:00 and 14:00 - 16:00 - Judging will take place on the nominated graduate’s university/ college stand
- The judges for your award will make themselves known and this will be your opportunity to talk through your idea and possibly answer questions from the judges.
- All nominated students MUST stay on their stand for the entire day to ensure that they are available to meet the judges if requested.
- 5 students will be shortlisted and announced on the GFW website on the evening of the judging
- Wednesday 6th June, at the Best of GFW Show, 15:00 - 5 shortlisted students will be invited and expected to attend when the winner will be announced
- In addition to the cash prize, the winner will receive a ticket to the Graduate Fashion Week Gala Awards Show at 19:30 on Wednesday 6th June
- All the Exhibition Award Winners will have their winning work clearly highlighted on Wednesday 6th June and a mention during the GFW Gala Awards Show in the evening.