Fashion photography plays a huge part within all aspects of the Fashion Industry. Graduate Fashion Week is proud to support the creative practice of fashion photography and recognises the value it holds within the fashion industry. We are keen to support the ever increasing number of graduates communicating concepts through fashion photography and celebrate the presence of the ‘image’ in the contemporary fashion industry.
The brief is being left deliberately open to encourage innovation. Students may be on any of the courses within their university that are exhibiting at Graduate Fashion Week. The judges will be looking for the following:
Creativity and imagination
Contemporary/documentation of the times/saying something about now
Quality of finish
The Fashion Photography Award is judged in two parts. All nominated graduates will have to submit a supporting statment for a pre-event shortlisting process by industry experts.
Thursday 16th May, 18:00 - Deadline for submission, lecturers are to nominate 2 final year students and nominations must be made by clicking here.
The supporting statement should explain the nominated graduate’s entry from concept to realisation including images and demonstrating that it meets all criteria as detailed above.
• Industry experts will shortlist 10 - 12 candidates
• Thursday 23rd May - The names of the shortlisted students will be announced on the GFW website
• Shortlisted graduates MUST bring their FULL entry to Graduate Fashion Week for the Final judging
• DATE TBC, 10:30 - 13:00 and 14:00 - 16:00 - Judging will take place on the nominated graduate’s university/college stand
• The judges for your award will make themselves known and this will be your opportunity to talk through your idea and possibly answer questions from the judges.
• All nominated students MUST stay on their stand for the entire day to ensure that they are available to meet the judges if requested.
5 students will be shortlisted and announced on the GFW website on the evening of the judging
• Wednesday 5th June, at the Best of GFW Show at 15:00 - 5 shortlisted students will be invited and expected to attend when the winner will be announced
• In addition to the cash prize, the winner will receive a ticket to the Graduate Fashion Week Gala Awards Show at 19:30 on Wednesday 5th June
• All the Exhibition Award Winners will have their winning work clearly highlighted on Wednesday 5th June and a mention during the GFW Gala Awards Show in the evening.