Project submissions are sought from students producing inspiring and innovative printed fashion publications that resonate with the Industry and intended audience. Students should demonstrate quality of writing, imagery, layout design and a professional standard of production.
Judges will be looking for creativity and original thinking and relevance to market. Quality and execution/ translation of concept into the final solution/project are also to be taken into consideration. The work will need to include a supporting statement to contextualise the work produced.
WINNING STUDENT £750
The Drapers Fashion Publication Award is judged in two parts. All nominated graduates will have to submit a supporting statement for a pre-event shortlisting process by industry experts.
- Thursday 17th May, 18:00 - Deadline for submission, lecturers are to nominate 2 final year students
- The supporting statement should be no more than 10MB in size and no longer than 10 pages
- The supporting statement should explain the nominated graduate’s entry from concept to realisation including images and demonstrating that it meets all criteria as detailed above
- Industry experts will shortlist 10 - 12 candidates
- Thursday 24th May - The names of the students will be announced on the GFW website
- Nominated graduates MUST bring their FULL entry to Graduate Fashion Week for the Final judging
- SUN - TUE (date TBC) , 10:30 - 13:00 and 14:00 - 16:00 - Judging will take place on the nominated graduate’s university/college stand from
- The Judges for your Award will make themselves known and this will be your opportunity to talk through your idea and possibly answer questions from the Judges.
- All nominated students MUST stay on their stand for the entire day to ensure that they are available to meet the judges if requested.
- 5 students will be shortlisted and announced on the GFW website on the evening of the judging
- Wednesday 6th June, at the Best of GFW Show, 15:00 - 5 shortlisted students will be invited and expected to attend when the winner will be announced
- In addition to the cash prize, the winner will receive a ticket to the Graduate Fashion Week Gala Awards Show on Wednesday 6th June at 19:30
- All the Exhibition Award Winners will have their winning work clearly highlighted on Wednesday 6th June and a mention during the GFW Gala Awards Show in the evening.