Job Title : Graphic Designer
Location: Street, Somerset
Contract Length : Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Salary/Payment : £22,000 - £27,500 + benefits
Job Description : Main Purpose:
To create original and compelling communication concepts and to use them to design and produce a wide range of marketing material to help deliver Clarks trade and consumer marketing programmes in order to drive sales, engage and to deliver Clarks brand objectives globally.
1. To develop creative work to brief, on time and to budget for both trade and consumer marketing communications globally. Examples of this could include:
- Packaging design
- Consumer promotions
- Content to support our seasonal campaigns
- Content to bring to life our brand foundations
- Photography or imagery to support seasonal campaigns in retail or online
2. Working within a design pod with the Group Creative Team Lead and Group Artworker to deliver creative work that meets the brand guidelines and brand personality.
3. Be aware and up to speed with cultural, fashion, typographic and graphic trends globally and how to reflect these in design concepts that are relevant to consumers.
4. Be abo produce highly finished visuals that communicates the design concept.
5. Be up-to-date with the latest brand guidelines and their best practice use to meet different communication challenges. To be aware of any amendments/changes that are implemented.
6. Ensure that the strict project timetables agreed with stakeholders are always met.
7. Meet agreed performance objectives and ways of working and identify and progress key areas for possible development.
Key Outputs/Results: •
1. Graphic/creative work that is delivered to a high standard, to brief and within agreed timelines
2. Great ideas brilliantly executed across every piece of marketing colatoral
3. Design concepts that reflect the latest cultural, fashion, typographic and graphic trends where relevant to Clarks.
4. All outputs deliver the brand in a consistent and compelling way
5. Creative solutions that are delivered on time in full.
6. Design solutions that link powerfully to the creative idea making it easy to sell the work to key stakeholders..
7. Ongoing development of creative skills, technical skills and competencies
Financial (Direct and indirect influence):
• . People (FTE – Direct and Indirect responsibility):
Occasional briefing external illustrators, photo retouchers, photographers and artworkers.
Other Measures (e.g. Responsibility for Revenue/ Equipment/Property):
• Creative Team Lead
• Group Artworker
• Group Studio Manager
• Studio – Primarily – Web Designers, Copywriter, Digital Studio Team
• Group Retail Brand
• Group Category Marketing
• Regional Marketing
• Print Team
• How to use Brand Positioning and Brand Identity to develop work that is ‘on brand’
• Knowledge of the creative development process
• Thorough understanding of print and digital processes
• Global Design/Cultural trends
• Highly competent software skills – including Adobe CS
• Current design trends and techniques
• Knowledge of typography theory and best practice
• Ideally obtained a design qualification
• Hands on excellent design skills – able to turn around work accurately and on time
• Ability to visualise creative concepts quickly
• Advanced typographical skills and techniques
• All key Apple Mac applications
• Detailed knowledge of Clarks retail and pos formats
• Has created successful graphic design work from brief through to finished product
• Has used design knowledge and creative skills to answer the brief within the Clarks brand guidelines
• Evidence of using a passion for understanding a target audience and what makes them tick to develop creative solutions
• Ability to incorporate latest cultural, fashion and design trends into creative ideas
• Working to deadlines and budgets – works effectively under pressure
• Attention to detail
• Passion for quality
• Consumer Focussed
• Problem solver – able to think creatively and commercially •
Deadline : 7/2/2017
How to Apply : Submit application online :-https://apply.clarksjobs.com/vacancies/24327/designer/graphic_designer/
Portfolio Submission Required? : Yes