Job Title : Menswear Designer - Gymwear / Sportswear / Activewear
Company: Active Apparel Recruitment
Location: West Midlands
Contract Length : Permanent position
Hours: Full Time
Salary/Payment : Competitive starting salary
Job Description : We are delighted to continue our recruitment partnership with the fastest growing company of 2016 as they expand their design and development team. They are looking for a talented Menswear Designer with a visionary innovative approach who will join them as they strive to create apparel which aids the attainment of fitness goals, whether the focus is on design, fit, fabric or technology.
This role requires a passion for the fitness / activewear product area and would suit a graduate with a year's placement experience within a sportswear brand.
Working on mens sportswear and accessories and reporting to the Senior Menswear Designer, the key areas of responsibility will include:-
- Designing commercial, innovative and cohesive ranges by working to a product brief, range plan and target price points.
- Keeping up to date with trends and innovations and responding to latest industry developments through trade shows / comp shop reports / collating internet prediction information.
- Researching and recognising any key similarities or differences between markets across the globe.
- Creating commercial colour palettes and seasonal key stories, making sure global target market requirements are met.
- Providing a clear fabric direction brief to manufacturing partners for sourcing which including technical performance fabrics development.
- Ensuring consistent branding message and relevant use of primary and sub brand logos.
- Working to corporate calendar dates to achieve deadlines.
- Liaising with Buyers and Merchandisers to understand commercial impact of past and current products.
The ideal candidate will have:-
- Placement experience within the sportswear industry.
- A relevant degree-level qualification.
- Strong organisational skills with a professional mindset.
- High proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and work outside of the job boundaries as necessary.
- A team player, happy to work along with or on a small team.
- Commercially aware and able to think strategically.
- Passionate about product with an eye for detail.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate, at an exciting time to join this spirited team and be part of the continuing growth of the business, and offers a competitive starting salary.
Deadline : 6/16/2017
How to Apply : Please apply with your CV, brief covering letter and examples of artwork to email@example.com
Portfolio Submission Required? : Yes