The exploration of the creative textile process should include evidence of the following:
- A distinctive or thought provoking fashion statement in printed or constructed textiles
- The successful control of the quality of the colour and pattern across the submission
- Challenging the established boundaries of technical excellence
- Appropriate for the fashion purpose identified
- Swatches and/or complete garments
WINNING STUDENT £750
- Thursday 17th May, 18:00 - Deadline for submission, lecturers are to nominate 2 final year students
- SUN - TUE (date TBC) , 10:30 - 13:00 and 14:00 - 16:00 - Judging will take place on the nominated graduate’s university/ college stand from
- All nominated students MUST stay on their stand for the entirety of the day to ensure that they are available to meet the judges if requested.
- The judges for your award will make themselves known and this will be your opportunity to talk through your idea and possibly answer questions from the judges.
- 5 students will be shortlisted and announced on the GFW website on the evening of the judging
- Wednesday 6th June, at the Best of GFW Awards Show at 15:00 - 5 shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend when the winner will be announced
- In addition to the cash prize, the winner will receive a ticket to the Graduate Fashion Week Gala Awards Show at 19:30 on Wednesday 6th June
- All the exhibition award winners will have their winning work clearly highlighted on Wednesday 6th June and a mention during the GFW Gala Awards Show in the evening