You are invited to submit a design concept for a unique and innovative footwear proposition that pushes the boundaries of shoe-making to create the best possible environment for feet.
Often the most beautiful and distinctive details are driven by a totally new approach to delivering functionality. Be creative, innovative, push boundaries and reflect the Clarks identity and design code.
How can ultimate functionality be made beautiful, desirable and modern? How can we create footwear that feels as good as it looks?
The product may sit in any category:
- Dress, Casual or Sport
- Men’s, Women’s or Kids
Truly innovative design and creative expression are very much encouraged.
Entrants are not required to construct the product, just to submit a design. The proto-typing of the winning design will takeplace during the placement at Clarks awarded to the winner.
Entries should cover the following:
- Research - detailing the researched themes you are using as inspiration for your design.
- Idea development – illustrating the design development based on your researched themes.
- Final design - communicating all aspects of your design (e.g. design drawings, photographs, 3D models, etc)
- Document which introduces you (the entrant) and explains how your design answers the brief.
WINNING STUDENT £5,000 AND A SIX WEEK PLACEMENT
The Clarks approach is design-led. We are both shoemakers and pioneers, and our brand is built on the idea that form and function should inspire each other.
- Thursday 17th May, 18:00 - Deadline for submission, lecturers are to nominate 2 final year students
- Thursday 24th May - Clarks team will shortlist 5 finalists which will be announced on the GFW website
- Wednesday 6th June - the 5 shortlisted finalists will be invited to an interview with Senior Clarks Managers and present the full submission (as above), location and time slot TBC
- Wednesday 6th June, at the Graduate Fashion Week Gala Awards Show at 19:30 - 5 shortlisted students will be invited and expected to attend when the winner will be announced
- Clarks will contact the winner with GFW in regards to the placement post event.
- The winning shoe prototype will be revealed at the GFW Houses of Parliament event in November 2018
THIS AWARD HAS NOW CLOSED. FIND OUT WHO WON HERE!