The winners (1x Fashion Photography Student & 1x Styling Student) will receive:
- A full days experience on a professional shoot under the creative guidance of the Editor-in-Chief of BOYS BY GIRLS at The Truman Brewery in London.
- 1x Photography student to shoot for the day and build own team, working with the Editor in Chief to select the final range of images for the story.
- 1x styling student to style all looks for the shoot, working under the guidance of the Editor in Chief
- The winning student’s work will be published and fully credited on www.boysbygirls.co.uk in May 2018
- The work will also be published and fully credited on Graduate Fashion Week’s website and social channels in May 2018
- The final imagery and online coverage will be provided to each winning graduates for their portfolio
WHO CAN APPLY: Open to all final year fashion photography and styling BA students from Graduate Fashion Week member universities who are on a course showcasing at GFW 18. If in doubt ask your tutor!
Applies to both photography and styling student entries:
· Produce 1x moodboard on the shoot you would like to create, with 300 words to accompany it to describe the idea behind the theme and why they believe it will fit the BOYS BY GIRLS profile.
· Submit 3x examples of previous work.
· Image files must be jpeg.
· Uploads must be no larger than 10mb.
All submissions will be reviewed by the Editor-in-Chief of BOYS BY GIRLS who will choose both winners.
· The competition will run from Friday 2nd March 2018 to Friday 23rd March 2018.
· The deadline to submit your entry is Friday 16th March, 12noon.
· The winners will be notified Tuesday 3rd April 2018.
· Shoot to take place end on Saturday April 21st 2018, 9am – 3pm.
· Shortlist of photographers to be provided to Boys by Girls by Saturday 28th April
· Further time for editing and retouching will be provided, following feedback from Boys By Girls.